Friday, February 15, 2008

this and that

Almost one week without posting ... oh well, I'm so sorry but I really haven't been able to get back on track since the ski trip.
I know a few people are waiting for the next shop update, which I had promised it would be this week, but I've done very little sewing lately. I will try to finish those pencil sleeves this next weekend, so they should be available on Monday.

I've been knitting quite a bit, and have one finished item and another on the way to show you. But mostly this week what I did on the very little spare time I had was this ...


Planning our next trip already. And to Iceland, of all places. We've been meaning to go there for the longest time, and this year it seems we'll finally manage to. We're only going in June, but I've read that it's best to book our accommodation in advance, otherwise the best and cheapest places to stay tend to be fully booked quite early. It's a very expensive place, I had no idea, so we're staying in self catered cottages and cabins whenever we can. And if you have any suggestions for me, please let me know.

And now for some eye candy fabrics ...

These I got from IKEA a couple of days ago. They were so bright and cheerful I couldn't resist.



And these below are a selection for the pencil sleeves. I'm going for a japanese theme, if you haven't noticed.



To Glaucia and Mimosa... a big thank you for saying I make your day. You girls make my day as well, along with everyone else that reads this blog. So thank you, to all of you.

And finally here's Maggie to wish you a great weekend as well. She's so grown up, not a small kitten anymore but still causing mischief as always ...



5 comments:

June (planetjune) said...

That turtle fabric is unbelievably cute! Where did you find it?

Anonymous said...

Adorei os tecidos do Ikea, são lindos!
E as fotos da Maggie, que fofinha :)

Anonymous said...

oh iceland... cant wait to go there either!

cute fabrics! <3

Janette said...

Your blog is beautiful and Maggie is simply gorgeous.

Coquinhas said...

Dear Tania!
We went to Iceladn last year, in August. We loved it, for the difference!
The cheapest way to do is to exchange homes (this way we could stay there for 20 days) and there are a lot of icelanders waiting for an offer to come to Portugal!
Don't forget to take really warm clothes!