Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The scoop neck vest



This project is probably the one I had longest on my needles this winter. I started it way back in October or November, finished the front quite quickly but then just didn't feel like picking it up again until recently. Which is strange because I love wearing vests, and I particularly love this pattern. Maybe it was the yarn - I didn't particularly enjoy knitting with it, but I confess that the final result looks very pretty. After I washed it my stitches look so even and smooth, and the yarn itself turned out softer.

I didn't quite realize at the time that the yarn was subtly variegated which I don't think works very well for this, although I love the color. Which means I'll just have to knit a couple more of these, won't I ? Humm, maybe one in red and another one in dark green ... and next winter only, probably (although I could totally picture this pattern in a cotton mix too, to be used in warmer days)






Pattern: Scoop Neck Vest, by Blue Sky Alpacas
Yarn: Gedifra Fashion Trend (3.5 skeins)
Needles: 5 mm


Notes: there's a small error when dividing the front, can't remember exactly but the number of stitches didn't seem to be correct and I ended up with two different shoulder widths. Had to frog back and re-knit. And when doing it again I will probably add a couple of inches to the body length (ribbing).

11 comments:

computerarte said...

lindo;)

isabel said...

Ficou fantástico!

Anonymous said...

very cute!! the end results looks so professionally perfect!!

Flor said...

uau! Ficou lindíssimo!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so prolific, and your work is impeccable. Thanks for the inspiration. I really want to knit a sweater now, even with Spring rapidly approaching.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn and vest!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sue said...

The vest looks gorgeous and I love the color. I think subtle variegations always look nice in the right pattern. A red one would definately be nice too.

handknit168 said...

pretty and love the colour. I also love to knit vest for it is more suit the HK weather. I am now knitting an open vest with difference pattern of the lower and upper body part.

SewDelish said...

That is so gorgeous.I love the style and colour! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?