Monday, June 02, 2008

Anais



I did finish this last Friday, so I spent the weekend in it. It turned out so nice I'm considering knitting a second one already. I love everything about it, the design which is fabulous, and the yarn is also amazing (not to mention incredibly cheap).



I didn't make many changes, except I knit this in the round and added an extra decrease at the waistline. Also, I added about 3.5 inches to the total length of the body (trust me if you're considering making this - the pattern length is way too short). Even so, I could've probably added another couple of inches there, but I don't think I would've had enough yarn. There wasn't much time for more knitting or sewing during the weekend, but I did cast on for the hoodie. Now what am I thinking, knitting a sweater using 3.25 mm needles ? I really must love this design a lot, so let's see if I can finish it now. It will be my traveling project for the Iceland vacation, but with so much to see I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on any knitting ...




Pattern: Anais, by Norah Gaughan
Size: 30/32
Yarn: Handpaintedyarn.com Merino DK in Noches de Otono (2 skeins)
Needles: 3.75 mm




19 comments:

.. said...

é lindo. também adoro! e é absolutamente perfeito para este tempo, o padrão tem qq coisa da estação em que teoricamente estamos, mas ajuda no layering que é preciso para aguentar o frio.

Alexia Deschamps said...

Ficou uma perfeição. As costuras, o ponto, tudo. Um dia, talvez me aventure a fazer um para mim...:)

Anonymous said...

Wow ! congratulations it's a beautiful sweat !

Anonymous said...

I love your work! & this sweater is absolutely gorgeous, I LOVE the details..so so pretty!!!

Sue said...

Another gorgeous sweater by you. Your knits always look so professionally made, must be the expert seamstress in you. Looking forward to seeing the hoodie too.

Lizzie said...

simply gorgeous! i envy your perfect stitches....

verobirdie said...

Lovely design and it fits you perfectly. I guess you are right about the length. Shorter would not have been so good.

inkyvon said...

Hi, I'm new here.I'm a wife and a mother of 3 from Holland. The things that you knit and sew all look wonderful, so does this last one, it looks very pretty. The photo's of the trips you have made to beautiful parts of the world gives me a lot of inspiration and I feel like going there myself. To some places I have been already with my family, but there is still so much to see. The world is a beautiful place. I admire how you find the time to knit, sew, read, make wonderful trips and tell us about it. I have started knitting (again) and I'll soon have my sewing machine repaired, then I will start with sewing simple things for myself again. See how you inspire people? Thank you for this. Have fun in Iceland! I'm looking forward to your photo's of this special country.

Anonymous said...

Ola, somos a Shan & Toyko (Dong Jing), ela esta aqui em Macau novamente e estava a mostrar o teu talento, isto e, o teu blog e a tua obra de arte :-) ela adorou a teu site e a tua loja cheia de imaginacao. Ela agora ira ver o teu site regularmente.....e eu tambem :-)

Prunila said...

I love it!!! Also with this cute skirt!

Colette said...

OOooooo I absolutely love that knitted top. It is so divine. Is the pattern very advanced - as I would love to give it a try.

Hi I am Colette and I am thoroughly enjoying your blog.

Navi said...

Esta divino!! I think that this is the best anais I have seen!

Celina said...

Linda!! Que perfeição!!
Adorei! O fio é muito bonito também.

Shannon said...

Beautiful sweater! Great job. It looks lovely on you.

Shannon F

Amanda Jean said...

it's beautiful and it looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful - now I want to make one.

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely beautiful especially with the denim skirt. Can't wait to see your progress on the hoodie, as I want to knit that pattern too.

sew nancy said...

love this sweater and how you dressed with it and the leafy pull *is that the red one* looks interesting, what is the pattern?
i've been wanting to do that ez baby sweater for a while now. it's a great looking sweater
I am new to your blog and after reading a few posts i can already tell you're a good egg.

xx

MOONSTITCHES said...

This is really beautiful, Tania and looks so good on you. Great colours for you. I am impressed how neatly you have been doing the seaming.