Saturday, March 12, 2011

kerrera



Can't believe it took me most of winter to finish this, but now it's finally done. You can tell I didn't swatch because even though I made the smallest size it turned out a bit large, but it's just so warm and cozy I'll probably be wearing it as an outdoor cardi on top of other clothes anyway, so some positive ease is not a bad thing. I used every little bit of the 16 skeins I had bought, and in fact ran out of yarn for the last sleeve, so it's shorter by one row (not very noticeable, I'm hoping). I'm very happy with the yarn, it's a bit itchy when being knitted, but after being washed and blocked it turned out much softer.

The pattern is gorgeous, and I loved it at first sight. Also, the construction of the pockets and sleeve set-in is quite clever, so I learned a few interesting techniques while knitting this.



Pattern: Kerrera, by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: DROPS Alaska, color 52 (16 skeins)
Needles: 5.0/5.5 mm
Size: smallest




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks super cozy, and the colour is really pretty. :) I love this pattern, it's flattering on everyone!

Anna said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!

I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about this pattern for a while now, but I think seeing yours might have finally sold me on it!

Eglair - Madame Trapo said...

eu queria muito saber tricotar um casaquinho desses.

lindo
:)

bjos

Sue said...

I like it! And I think you'll be so pleased with the extra room when you layer. Such an accomplishment, especially with a baby to care for!

Movimento Moda said...

A cor é fantástica. Ficou impecável.

Sara
movmoda.blogspot.com