Monday, March 25, 2013

The Jane hat

A girl can never have too many hats, right ? I rarely use mine in Lisbon, but they get a lot of wear when we go traveling. So I thought the trip to Istanbul was a good excuse to make myself a new one. I wanted to use the lovely brown yarn I'd bought in Munster, and after browsing dozens of patterns on Rav I decided on the Jane hat. It has a double brim, which means it keeps my ears warm even though it's a lace pattern.
You can't see it very well in the photos, but the yarn has silver/gray speckles all over,  which knitted up looks even better. And it's incredibly soft and cozy. I was worried it would pill like crazy, but I've worn it during the whole trip, plus a few more times after I came back (we've had a couple of cold spells) and it hasn't pilled at all, so I'm very happy about that.

:: with my friend M. in Kadikoy, on the Asian side of Istanbul

Pattern: Jane, by Jane Richmond
Yarn: Lana Grossa Garzato Più (used one skein)
Needles: 4 mm for the ribbing and 5 mm for the rest
Project page

No comments: